Sunday 12 June 2016

Pink Power

This week has been a shit week but has reminded me how much Elle Woods is my hero.

She is one badass woman who gives every other woman the chance to feel empowered when really all they want to do is curl up in a ball and cry.



I thought today I’d share my favourite Elle Woods quotes from the movies and musical that might give you a little boost when you’re feeling down or give you some extra motivation when you need it most. I must admit I am a HUGE Legally Blonde fan. I know the movie off by heart and I may have seen the musical twice…

When representing her Delta Nu alumni client, Brooke, Elle brings up a very important fact about exercise:

I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't.

Lesson learnt here: exercise makes you happy AND can also keep those feelings of hate at bay.
***
When a scheming saleswoman tries to sell Elle a dodgy dress for her engagement dinner:

It's impossible to use a half-loop stitching on low-viscosity rayon. It would snag the fabric. And you didn't just get it in - I saw it in the June Vogue a year ago. So if you're trying to sell it to me for full price, you've picked the wrong girl.

Lesson learnt here: don’t take shit from no one. Stand up for yourself and trust your instinct and own intelligence.
***
Being true to yourself never goes out of style.

PREACH DAT GURL.
***



When Warner realises the error of his ways and comes grovelling back to Elle:

Though I dreamed of this day long ago,
Now my answer is thank you, but no.
Look, I've barely begun; I'm hardly through...
I was living in ignorant bliss,
'Til I learned I could be more than this! (Gestures to her hair.)
And, you know, in a way I owe it all to you!
I though losing your love was a blow I could never withstand...
Look how far I have come without anyone holding my hand.
I had to find my way.

Lesson learnt here: always remember that things will get better; even if it hurts at first, you will find that in time everything falls into place again and you can learn to live a new way. Heartbreak doesn’t have to equal misery.



Basically if you’re feeling shit, get a duvet, a bar of chocolate and watch Elle Woods kick some ass. Cos it’ll make you feel a million times better. Fact. 
I'm off to do exactly that. 

BEND AND FUCKING SNAP. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

No judgment, no hate, because it is already tough enough being a girl.